PREGNANCY & POST-NATAL MASSAGE
Draws upon a combination of techniques most commonly applied from therapeutic, and lymphatic massage
During pregnancy the mothers blood volume can increase as much as 40%, which can stress the lymphatic system, and increase fluid retention, which is a common symptom amongst expected mothers. However the combination of techniques safely applied in Pregnancy Massage can help manage this.
It can also help increase flexibility and tone of the muscles, which can help ease muscle cramps and reduce stress on weight bearing joints. The therapeutic techniques applied also facilitates the endocrine system and the associated glands, which can help to stabilise and reduce stress hormones to the mother and the baby.
Pregnancy massage is often used throughout the whole term to soften the muscles around the lungs and thoracic cage, to help expand a mothers breathing capability and provide more oxygen to the baby.
Massage during pregnancy also stimulates your lymphatic system, increasing immunity and the removal of excess toxins, while also stabilizing hormone levels and balancing the glandular system. Massage assists the circulatory and lymphatic systems by promoting the movement of blood and lymph, which brings more nutrients to the cells of both the mother and the baby. This means better vitality for mother and more nourishment for baby.
For post-natal massage techniques such as using lymphatic massage the skins elasticity can be improved by reducing or healing any skin trauma i.e stretch marks or caesarean scarring. Therapeutic massage techniques are often combined to ease joint pain and muscle aches after labour. Stimulates glandular secretions, which helps relieve depression and anxiety, therefore it can help with post-natal depression.
- Reduces stress and reinforces a habit of relaxation
- Relieves headaches
- Reduces fatigue
- Massage helps carry away the lactic acid and other cellular waste products that build up, which combats fatigue and helps her feel more energetic.
- Helps alleviate morning sickness
- Alleviates backaches
- Relieves leg cramps
- Eases the load on the heart to help keep her blood pressure in check
- Minimizes stress on the nervous system, including the sciatic nerve
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints
- Encourages blood and lymph circulation
- Provides a nurturing, soothing touch, which promotes the release of emotional and physical tension
- Reduces swelling/edema
- Helps relax nervous tension – which aids in better sleep
- Relieves pain from varicosities
- Relieves round ligament pain
- Prepares pelvic muscles for birth process by loosening the pelvis and ridding the body of excess tension prior to the onset of labor
- Stimulates glandular secretions, which helps relieve anxiety
- Stabilizes hormone levels
- Increases chance to carry baby to term, and generally have a happier, healthier pregnancy
- Ideal for a specific location of major concern
- For one or more areas of concern which requires an intense session
- For full body treatment or for more than one specific area which requires an intense session
- Intense full body session
BODY'S GOT SOUL
185 Drury Lane