MANUAL LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE
Is a very specific massage technique introduced by a medical doctor in the 1930’s known as Dr. Emil Vodder who developed this effective method, which delivered relief to chronic conditions such as sinus, chronic colds and swollen lymph nodes. It has become a popular treatment amongst the medical system and has gained acceptance worldwide as a component in the treatment and control of lymphoedema.
Assists in the lymphatic systems 3 main functions which is:
- To remove excess fluids from body tissues, as water, proteins, and other substances continuously leaking out from tiny blood capillaries into near by body tissues. Therefore if the lymphatic system does not drain the excess fluid from the tissues, the lymph fluid would build up in the body’s tissues, and they would swell.
- Absorbs fatty acids and transports fat and chyle, to the circulatory system.
- Produces immune cells (such as lymphocytes, monocytes, and antibody producing cells called plasma cells).
The technique involves a range of specialised and gentle rhythmic pumping techniques to move lymph, which lie under the skin, towards the direction of the lymph flow, and stimulates the lymphatic vessels.
Commonly used as a series of treatments for clients who have undergone surgery or cosmetic procedure such as liposuction, as it encourages lymph flow to lymph nodes which have been disrupted from the surgery.
As the lymphatic also influences the nervous system, it is deeply relaxing and can benefit clients who tend to be highly anxious or stressed.
Commonly used amongst clients who experience frequent fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy.
It promotes healing of wounds and burns and improves the appearance of old scars and stretch marks as the stretch of the skin encourages new cells to regenerate.
- Ideal for a specific location of major concern
- For one or more areas of concern which requires an intense session
- For full body treatment or for more than one specific area which requires an intense session
- Intense full body session
BODY'S GOT SOUL
185 Drury Lane