"When the East talks of acupuncture points, Western embryologists describe organising centres. When the West talks of fascial planes, the East talks of acupuncture channels. There is no contradiction in these two theories; it is just a question of interpretation."
S0 that's how Acupuncture works!!
A comprehensive diagnosis of your main concern will be conducted to effectively strategize a treatment plan. Specific points over the body are strategically selected, much like a formula. Fine needles (as thin as a strand of hair) are inserted at these points and are manipulated accordingly to achieve a therapeutic response or what is known as “de qi,” 'the sensation felt when the "Qi" has been reached in the body.'
"It is best to understand Acupuncture as electrical organising energy, that utilises two main tools which are Qi and meridians. Qi is simply intelligent metabolism, that is, it is formed of electricity which carries neccessary biological information. Meridians are clear pathways for this Qi to be transported. That is, it offers least resistance to travel along, and allows free movement and space.”
OK, and here's the science bit...
It is the fascial planes (the connective tissue that surrounds, protects and separates our organs), in our body's, which are the meridians. The fluid in the planes, are rich in ions and acts as an excellent conductor of electricity, and which is also completely free of obstructions in health. At the end of these fascial compartments sits an organising centre where Qi accumulate, which therefore indicates the need to further continue its journey along its designated path. They are exactly what acupuncture points are and where they are found. Therefore Qi (energetic biological information) is generated internally as a way of maintaining biological & physiological organisation.
Depending on the diagnosis of your condition, treatment will last anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and may involve Acupuncture on either or both the back and front of your body. Your Acupuncture treatment may accompany the following apparatus when required. This is inclusive to your treatment:
- ELECTRO-ACUPUNCTURE - Especially useful for conditions in which there is an accumulation of Qi, such as in chronic pain, or in cases where the qi is difficult to stimulate; pain reliever for muscle spasms, acne, acute nausea, activating endorphin release to lower blood pressure and reduce heart disease.
- TDP LAMP - An far infrared heating device used to accelerate the natural healing process of treatment. Far infrared emissions penetrate deeply into the body, increasing microcirculation and thus delivering more oxygen and nutrients to injured cells while eliminating cellular waste. Commonly used on the back or abdomen, pain, conditions indicating deficiency or coagulation, rheumatic and arthritic conditions
- AURICULAR ACUPUNCTURE - Accompanies treatment on the ear as a micro system of the body, to enhance the therapeutic effect of treatment.
- MOXIBUSTION - Provides a similar therapeutic effect as the TDP lamp but uses heat from moxa which is a dried herb called mugwort. The moxa is burnt like incense, which releases smoke and a strong scent, which is applied as a form of heat on or near the surface of the skin, normally at acupuncture points. The therapy warms and invigorates circulation in the body and dispels obstruction felt from pain, due to arthritis, especially in 'cold' patterns, digestive issues especially poor bowel movements, gynaecological and obstetrical conditions including breech presentation in late term pregnancy.
AND can it help me?
Acupucture is suited to various symptoms and conditions, where we find ourselves diverging from our optimum self and well-being. Common conditions and specialities approached at the clinic include what has been previously listed:
MUSCULE, JOINT, TENDON PAIN OR INJURY
Back, Shoulder, Neck, Wrists, Knee, Ankle, Illiosacral, Hamstring, Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Frozen shoulder, Tennis Elbow, Repetitive Strain Injury, De Quervain’s Tendinosis, Torn Ligament, Stiff Neck, Sciatica, Sacroilliac Joint Dysfunction, Multiple Sclerosis, Lyme’s Disease, Lupus, Fibromylagia, Plantar Fascitis
Bloating, Ascites, Water Retention, Flatulence, Constipation, Indigestion, Diarrhoea, Acid Reflux, Stomach Ulcers, Belching, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Haemorrhoids, Caeliac Disease, Chron’s Disease, Heartburn, Acid Reflux
AUTOIMMUNE & INFLAMMATORY CONDITIONS
Auto-immune disease, Migraine, Multiple Sclerosis, Poor Circulation, Reynold’s Disease, Chronic Fatigue, M.E, Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Hayfever, Poor Immune, Asthma, Bell’s Palsy, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Water retention, celiac disease, psoriasis, inflammatory bowel disease.
Heavy menstrual bleeding, Menstrual pain, Irregular Periods, Pre-Menstrual Syndrome (PMS), Ovarian cysts, Pelvic Pain, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Genital tract infections, Vulva and vagina skin disorders, Post-menopausal bleeding, hot flushes, night sweats.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), Uterine Fibroids, Intrauterine device (IUD) complications, Pituitary gland failure, Ovarian Failure, Long time use of contraception, Abnormal womb shape, Testosterone deficiency, Erectile dysfunction, Epididymis or ejaculatory ducts blockage, Sexually transmitted disease.
FACE, COSMETIC & DERMATOLOGY
Acne, Eczema, Sensitive skin, Dermatitis, Bells Palsy, Wrinkles, Weak facial muscles.
EMOTIONAL & PSYHOLOGICAL
Addiction, Bulimia, Anorexia, Depression, Anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress disorder, Post-Natal Depression.
45 Mins Follow Up Session
- Ideal for follow up sessions
60 Mins Initial / Follow Up Session
- Strongly suggested for the initial treatment. Also ideal for intense follow up sessions
BODY'S GOT SOUL
185 Drury Lane